Monday, July 7, 2008

Nashville by Day

After a morning workout, a conference call, and watching the exciting and unexpected finish of today's Tour stage, Molly and I headed downtown to do some more exploring. We went along part of the same route I took last night before branching off to the Northern part of downtown. We saw the original Presbyterian Church, the State Capitol building, Several Court Buildings, Printer's Alley, the Bicentennial Mall, and then I headed off West to to Centennial Park. Centennial Park is home to a replica of the Greek Parthenon (either at 1:1 scale or 2:3 scale) which is slightly odd. There's really nothing Greek about this city as far as I can tell.















There are also plenty of Canada Geese.














I headed through the northern edge of Vanderbilt's campus, stopped at RiteAid for some shaving cream and multivitamins, and now I'm back at the hotel before dinner.

1 comment: