Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Room with a View

We started the day with a rainy drive through the Appalachians in West Virginia (pretty much the entire day's drive was rainy).


We stopped for lunch at a Subway/gas station combo, and the highlight there was watching Nate eat a Nerds Rope.  I wish I had a picture.

Driving into Virginia Beach, the scenery changed quite dramatically, as would be expected when nearing the ocean.  I hadn't really thought much about the fact that we're relatively near where I lived in Virginia for less than a year at a very young age.


The western side of our Best Western hotel doesn't give much of a view...


but perhaps it would be more aptly named the Best Eastern hotel, as our room's balcony look out across the Atlantic Ocean.


Nate and I grabbed some Mexican for dinner, and on the way back we got to see many of the bars and souvenir shops that line Atlantic Avenue in Virginia Beach.


We watched coverage of the Democratic National Convention for a while, which included listening to this guy, or more like being too distracted by looking at him to absorb what he had to say.



Finally, I ended the night with a brief stroll along the beach and in the water.  I was very conscious of the iPhone in my pocket the whole time and paid close attention to the waves coming in.  The water is warm, so even if the weather doesn't cooperate (it's not supposed to) at least the water is pleasant.


No comments:

Post a Comment