Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last of the long days for now

Today we drove the 525 miles from Dickinson, ND to Minneapolis, MN. I spent much of the time in the truck reading when I wasn't driving. I've read about 400 pages of a Clive Cussler novel the last two days, and I'm hooked. The goal is to finish tomorrow. Coming into Minneapolis, we passed an exit for Edgerton street. That sighting can be added to the Edgerton Highway in Alaska and Edgerton the town in Ohio.

Tonight I took a truck and drove over to Outback Steakhouse to meet up with my grandma who I hadn't seen in several years. We spent much of the time catching up on life, talking about my job, and discussing politics. Her quote of the night had to have been "He's (McCain) older than I am, and I'm way too old to be president." And in my opinion, she's young for her age.

It was interesting driving on I-35 to our hotel being reminded of the bridge collapse in fairly recent history. It was the I-35 bridge that collapsed, and the interstate is closed a little ways past our hotel.

Tomorrow we have an easier day of driving to get to Milwaukee. The end of the road is in sight (though not literally, and only for this week).

No comments:

Post a Comment