Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rick Davis is Creepy Looking.

No offense team, but we're in a slump!  Granted, it's a good time to be in a slump since we've got a pretty busy several weeks ahead of us and it's nice to have a break, but I want to get out and do something, and we're spending way too much time sitting around in our hotel rooms lately.  Let's get up and go!

Today was a rainy day, and I actually kind of liked it.  the rain lent itself to soup, sweatshirts, and running from buildings to the truck.

Nate and I drove through Ann Arbor on our way to Dearborn this morning.  In Ann Arbor we drove through the U of Michigan campus, at at Panera, and saw The Big House.  It's currently undergoing some massive renovations to make it even bigger.



After getting to Dearborn, we spent quite a while sitting around the hotel before heading to dinner at On The Border, a Mexican chain restaurant.  It was a very interesting meal.  The food was good, but the waiter couldn't stop apologizing for... something.  Still not sure what.  The highlight of dinner was an incredibly awkward Guac Live! experience.  I'll let Nate's blog tell the story on that one.

Speaking of Nate's Blog, his most recent post is a stream of consciousness style recap of the third presidential debate tonight.  It's worth checking out.  I managed to figure out how to build a Word macro to do the timestamp, so now I'm inspired to do some stream of consciousness blogging.  Not sure on what yet, but you'll know when I do.

I spent the time during the debate completely immersing myself in media and technology.  While watching it on CNN (and paying some attention to the favorability squiggly lines on the bottom of the screen) I was on Twitter's Election '08 feed watching real-time comments from all sorts of people.  The comment next to the smiley-face made me laugh and cringe at the same time.


It reads, "Owning an HDTV is undoubtedly a curse when John McCain's ghastly visage appears thereon."  The split-screen didn't help McCain much.

Tomorrow, I'm going to DO something.

No comments:

Post a Comment