Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'll take your word for it.

The last time-deadline drive is nearly over! We're only 30 miles from Chicago, and we'll be heading into the city in the morning for set up for the biggest event I've worked yet, the Chicago Marathon. Along the way today, lots of random quirky things.

Nate, Molly and I started off the day with a 6 mile run. That definitely helped to clear out my lingering cold.

This pump seemed fishy...



Had an encounter with the left lane hog. This white van was the bane of my existence for a good 45 minutes. Not once did he leave the passing lane. While in the passing lane, his speed was inconsistent and he'd slow down while passing other cars and then speed up to the point that I couldn't accelerate around him. I watched as nearly a dozen different cars tailgated him trying to pressure him into the right lane to no avail. I spent a while flashing my lights at him, but with no effect. I eventually managed to pass him (on the right) but was not able to implement my master plan before we pulled off for lunch. I really wanted an open stretch of road with no cars behind him so I could pull in front of him and slow up until he was either going very slowly or was forced into the right lane to go around. I'm really curious what would have happened.



We washed the trucks (about time!). Note that cleaner spot on the back - that's where I took a window squeegee and wiped off a spot. They were very dirty.



In the truck getting scrubbed and sprayed.



And ta da! A bright shiny truck!



I checked four different floors of our hotel this evening, and they all have complimentary empty bowls. I'd take one, but I don't have much use for a bowl.



And no day is complete without some gelato!



During dinner we did a talk-through of the weekend. It's going to be a long one, but should be fun. There are also plans to revisit Weber Grill and Lou Malnatis for food, plus some new eateries that are yet to be determined, but will be of the utmost deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment