Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That's a Wrap

While this blog is not over, the tour officially is as of today. The events are done, the trucks delivered to Crocs in Boulder after a washing and detailing...



Final reports are in, exit interviews taken, expense reports ready to be sent... now all that's left is a night in Denver and a flight out to Portland tomorrow.

We dropped the trucks off at the Crocs truck graveyard, or at least what I was hoping would more resemble what I imagine a truck graveyard would be. I was thinking dark lighting, snow covered vehicles, and frowny faces on the trucks themselves. It would have been the perfect setting for the tagline "where good Crocs trucks go to die." Instead, this is what we got:



Way too sunny, not enough snow, and the trucks don't look very somber. Plus a bunch of the trucks aren't there right now. Oh well, it's what I've got to work with. Croc 1 and 2, I'll miss you both for your great views and good turning radii and stupid breakdowns. But not that much.

Tonight is the last hotel night, tomorrow the last day on per diem. I'm headed to Portland for a long weekend to see some family and friends and to ace a job interview, and then from there it's off to St. George for Christmas with the family - I still have a little while before I've officially been in the same location for more than a week for the first time since June.

There is still another tour-related blog post or two up my sleeve, but then this blog will certainly not cease to exist. It will be... something. I'm just not sure what yet. But never fear all you regular blog readers. You'll be getting a fresh dose of something. It may well even be more creative and interesting than my posts of late.

A project I plan to tackle is to re-read the entire blog (138 posts) this weekend. I expect it may take the better part of 4-5 hours. I wonder how many hours I've spent writing...

1 comment: